milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Saturday 13 December 2014

The Pelican|Seafood Bar & Grill ~ 40th Birthday Celebration w/Voodoos

We've been wanting to try The Pelican|Seafood Bar & Grill & finally found an excuse to indulge! Thus, I met up with the pretty voodoos for my 40th birthday celebration few days before my actual date.
Elegantly designed, with pretty hot pink Seahorse & a very stunning bar counter!The menuWe were ushered to our table at the corner of the "upper deck" & since 3 of us are still waiting the rest, let's do a wefie first =)The girls, being in the mood for celebration, appointed Cass to choose a drink. She than choose Cape Mentelle, Sauvibnon Blanc Semillon '12 (S80 by the bottle). Honestly, I ain't a wine expert but this taste pretty good =) The girls ordered Blue Cheese Creme Spinach ($12) which they says it's very good. Sorry but it really looks quite disgusting to me cos I ain't a fan of cheeseI requested for Black Peppered Candied Bacon with brown sugar & lime ($16) & it's delish! The bacon, tasted kind of like bak kwa but it was really yummy with the black pepper & brown sugar.One of the highly recommended item - The Pelican Platter ($138), served with a whole lobster, prawns, crab, mussels & oysters.The day we were there, the kitchen has ran out of crab & thus it was replaced by a whole lobster! All of us are extremely excited over the platter =DThe platter so pretty, must wefie lah! I was testing my fisheye lens & this was kind of a candid shotA proper but the lighting wasn't in favorSo I try again using the back camera. Thankfully I was using the fisheye lens, else I wouldn't have confident in capturing all of us in the frame =DGrabbed this pix from JJ cos her angle has got better lightingTried eating the whatever stuffs that's in the lobster head but it's quit disgusting, so I only whack the tiny "legs"The seafood from the platter are super fresh & yummy!
As we ordered the platter, we only ordered 4 main dishes for sharing cos the girls are rather small eater

Ribeye Cape Steak ($58) is very nicely done. Tender & juice
Yellow Fin Tuna Steak ($39) is a bit dry & bland. Double Atlantic Linguini & Clams ($58 for single portion). Ala dente linguini with fresh clamsThe Pelican Lobster Thermidor ($88). Lobster is grilled to perfection but a little cheesy for my likingLet's makan! After dinner, I was surprised by the candle when the staffs brought out the cake which the girls bought for me! *the surprised & scared look!I was expecting a cake cos Mel openly says she will buy me one, but I wasn't expecting the sparkling candle! Seriously, I am damn afraid the sparks will hit my face, so I dare not bow the candle. LOLThe pretty & ymmy Strawberry Mille-feuille from Pâtisserie Glacé
3 days to Club40 =)Thanks you girls for making the effort & spending your precious evening, celebrating my 40th!On a side note, we save about $150 on this meal because of the one-for-one deals from mobile application - The Entertainer! which I won from Alvinology's giveaway in Nov. Hopefully I can get to use at least one or two more deals before it expires on 31 Dec 14
Service at The Pelican was also good & staffs (even trainee) are very attentive! If you would like a little indulgence, do consider them!

Once again, thanks ladies for celebrating my 40th =)


The Pelican
1 Fullerton Road, #01-01, 
One Fullerton, Singapore 049213
Tel: 6438 0400
Operating Hours
Lunch: Monday to Saturday~12 noon to 3 pm (last order 2.30 pm)
Dinner:Monday to Saturday~6 pm to 11 pm(last order 10.30pm)
The Pelican Deck:
Monday to Saturday, 12 pm to 12 am
Friday Supper Club Extended to 2 am
(Closed on Sundays)


Pâtisserie Glacé @ Biopolis
8 Biomedical Grove, #01-03 
Neuros 
Singapore 138665
Tel: 64642023






No comments: